What is Sildenafil Citrate?
Sildenafil Citrate is a PDE-5 inhibitor drug & an active ingredient commonly used in erectile dysfunction (ED) medications. It is highly beneficial in improving the sex drive of males. Men undergoing low libido problems are often prescribed medications with Sildenafil Citrate content to enhance their erectile mechanism. Sildenafil makes for faster & long-lasting sexual intercourse that’s much demanded by men having impotence.
The impeccable benefits of Sildenafil Citrate tablets often lure men to use them for their female partners. But, it should not be done because this active ingredient is formulated according to male genital’s working. It could potentially harm women as well as children under 18.
What makes Sildenafil the right candidate for treating ED in men?
Sildenafil Citrate tablets are used for minimizing the impacts of male impotence. After using Sildenafil Citrate in the form of ED pills, this is what happens to men:
- Faster & stronger erections are felt in a few minutes only
- Stiffer erections are maintained for 4 to 5 hours
- It gets convenient to penetrate & have sexual pleasure with a satisfying climax
These are just a few valid reasons for trying out Sildenafil for getting rid of ED problems.
Effective Working Mechanism of Sildenafil Citrate
You’ll find Sildenafil Citrate as sold as Viagra, Kamagra, Malegra, Fildena, etc oral ED medications. No wonder which of these oral tablets you’re prescribed with, Sildenafil is present in different dosage strengths.
It only takes sexual stimulation for this phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitor drug to activate & show effectiveness. Sildenafil dilates the blood vessels in the male genitals along with clearing nerve blockages that halt blood transfer to the penis. It releases pressure surrounding the smooth muscles of the pelvic organs so that blood passes easily & continuously throughout the sexual intercourse. Another major activity carried out by this powerful ingredient is boosting the cGMP enzyme production & prevents its breakdown.
Overall, expected hardness is achieved in a few minutes only & lasts for up to 4 or 5 hours.
Using Sildenafil Citrate Tablets
- Any oral tablet with Sildenafil Citrate content is mostly prescribed for treating ED in men. These pills are used orally before 30 – 60 minutes of the sexual activity so that Sildenafil activates upon romantic closeness.
- Doctors guide men to only swallow Sildenafil Citrate tablets & avoid crushing, splitting, or chewing the pill. It’s better if you stick to the prescribed dosage and not use more or less of it else its effectiveness will not be as expected.
- Sildenafil Citrate tablets are safe to consume with or without food.
- One important thing to avoid is alcoholic beverage consumption while using Sildenafil Citrate tablets. The dizziness that shows up when Sildenafil & alcohol combine is intolerable.
Does Sildenafil have any side effects?
Just like any other medicines, Sildenafil too has some side effects like nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, flushed face, skin rashes, etc can happen. They’ll go away after a few hours & may appear whenever you use Sildenafil for a few days. However, they’re nothing to worry about.
Is this oral medication only for males?
Yes. Sildenafil tablets are male sexual performance enhancer pills. They can harm females, especially if given during the pregnancy or breastfeeding phase. If your female partner undergoes low libido problems, you may consult the doctor and get a female sexual performance enhancer pill respectively.
Can you take Sildenafil Citrate tablets daily?
Sildenafil Citrate tablets are prescribed to use once per day. Also, you should make sure not to skip or miss out on using Sildenafil dosage so that the overall effectiveness is maintained for stronger erections.
Is Sildenafil safe for long-term use?
Yes. Most Sildenafil tablets are prescribed to use for at least six months. This is the minimum duration for any ED pills to be consumed. After this, the doctor will examine & decide whether or not the patient should continue using Sildenafil Citrate pills.
However, this medicine is safe to use for more than a year too. But, make sure you’re using it under medical guidance & visiting your doctor at frequent intervals.
What are some obvious precautions to take while using Sildenafil tablets?
- Some activities like driving, using heavy machinery, etc are suggested to avoid while using Sildenafil because of dizziness & blurry vision that happens after using these pills. It should be followed as a precautionary measure to avoid accidents.
- Don’t use Sildenafil Citrate with your ongoing medications without discussing them with your doctor otherwise the active ingredients may clash & lead to severe health conditions.
- It’s okay if you see nominal side effects for a few days after using Sildenafil. But, if any severe allergic reactions are visible, you should see the doctor.
- Make sure that your doctor knows if you have any sensitive health problems (heart, kidney, liver, etc) before using Sildenafil tablets.
Top Medications with the powerful composition of Sildenafil Citrate